1 Ask God for more practical insights into scripture to help you become more godly in Character.
Train me well in your deep wisdom and help me understand these things inside and out so I can ponder your miracle-wonders.’ Teach me, Lord, the way of your decrees, that I may follow it to the end. Give me understanding, so that I may keep your law and obey it with all my heart.
2. Ask God for better understanding of what He has given you in Christ.
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, and I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.’
ALL the fulness!
3. Ask Him for a greater love for other people and to have a better discernment on how to love them effectively.
1 Thess. 3:12
May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else just as ours does for you.’
This is my prayer that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight.’
4. Ask God for opportunities to share your faith, & the courage & the wisdom to make the most of those opportunities.
And pray for us to that God may open a door for our message so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ for which I am in chains and pray that I may proclaim it clearly as I should’.
Pray also for me when I speak words maybe given me so that I will fearlessly make know the mystery of the gospel for which I am an ambassador in chains and pray that I may declare it fearlessly as I should’.
5. Ask God to expose sinful attitudes that are hurting you and others and dishonouring God and your reputation.
Search me o God and know my heart test me and know my anxious thoughts and see if there is any offensive way in me and lead me in the way everlasting.’
6. Ask God for wisdom to understand what he wants to teach you through the tough circumstances he has allowed into your life.
If any of you lacks wisdom you should ask God who gives generously to all without finding fault and it will be given to you.’